1. Information about Healthworks
Healthworks is a centre for complementary medicine. Each practitioner is registered and insured through their own guild or association. This will be stated on the relevant section of the web-site for your chosen practitioner. Each practitioner works as a sole trader – we work together in Healthworks Centre as a co-operative.
The main trading address for Healthworks is:
Healthworks Centre for Complementary Medicine
3. What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you agree to have treatment with one of our practitioners. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
We collect personal data such as:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Business name
- Payment information – payment card details are not stored on our systems
- Medical information volunteered by you, which is relevant to your treatment. In addition, information from eg referral letters from GPs, consultants
If you object to the collection, sharing and use of your personal data we may be unable to treat you..
4. How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you
- in order to contact you about your treatment, or about appointments.
- To ensure that we treat you to the best of our understanding and ability
Healthworks will not share your information with any other agency without your permission.
We do not under any circumstances use your data for marketing.
6. Data retention
We will retain your personal data at the end of any contractual agreement for a period of up to ten years. Please check with your chosen practitioner for the requirement under each professional guild/federation/association for exact duration.
6. Your rights
These rights are known as Individual Rights under the Data Protection Act 2018. The following list details these rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data being processed;
- The right of access to your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (to receive an electronic copy of your personal data);
The retaining of data is necessary where required for contractual, legal or regulatory purposes.
In rare instances we may need to retain your data for longer, for example if we are representing you or defending ourselves in a legal dispute or as required by law or where evidence exists that a future claim may occur.
7. Access to your information and correction
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email your practitioner or write to us at the following address, Healthworks, Worting House, Church Lane, Basingstoke, Hants. RG23 8PX. As mandated by law we will not charge a fee to process these requests; however, if your request is considered to be repetitive, wholly unfounded and/or excessive, we are entitled to charge a reasonable administration fee.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information e.g. how long visitors stay on our website. This information is used solely to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
9. Other websites
11. How to contact us
Please contact your own practitioner. Contact details are on the web site.